From:
"Guido S. Piraino" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:52:49 -0500
Hi,

The argument starts and ends from a cost/production perspective, in my
opinion. If you are looking to save money and won't tax the computer system
with heavy loads, as long as you've secured a safe amount of ram, the
celeron chip is nice (and quite fast). If money is not an object in the
purchase, and you will be using a fair bit of processor-heavy applications,
then go with the Pentium.

The Celeron was built for the typical home-use system. I've installed and
sold several Celeron systems for home use and they have done quite well.
That doesn't mean it can't be used in an office environment, it just means
the situation needs to be assessed.

If you want hard facts for benchmarks, use the monthly ratings in PC WORLD
(http://www.pcworld.com). They always compare major name brands (and
sometimes clones).

Goodluck,
Guido Piraino