From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:26:10 -0500
I recently purchased a wireless access point/router (Linksys) and a wireless
PCI card.  The host computer is connected direct to the router which goes to
the cable modem.  Works fine.  The other computer (with wireless NIC) works
also  and connects to the Internet.  However, I can't get the computers to
see each other.  They see themselves only.

The main computer that is connected (wired) to the router runs Win98SE.  The
remote computer that has the wireless NIC run XP.

Both have the same group name (using MSHOME for now).  Printers and files
are shared on both.  The TCP/IP for the router setup is "obtain IP address
automatically."  Which I believe it has to be due to cable modem.

Can anyone give a list of things to check or do?

Byron Wolter

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml