From:
Ed Thomasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:33:51 -0500
Have you chexked your CD rom?  My boy had the same problem last year and a
bad cd drive was the culprit. Make sure it will read cd's
paped

Subject: Reinstalled Windows 98 will not start

I have a Packard Bell  300 MHz Pentium II with 96 MB RAM. I was running
Windows 98 which was an upgrade from Windows 95. It was upgraded at least 3
years
ago. I ran the system file checker because it was havivg a couple minor
problems(short cuts not opening programs without rebooting, and I couldn't
get the
modem to connect). File checker replaced a couple corrupt files and replaced
many others with previous versions from my Windows 98 disk. After that
Windows
would not boot. I tried reinstalling Windows 98 several times but it causes
fatal exceptions when it gets to the part of setting up hardware. Sometimes
the
errors were as it was setting up the hardware and other times it  was when
the
computer needed  to restart after setting up the hardware. The following is
one
example of what happened.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com