From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 01:50:17 -0700
On 2 Sep 2005 at 6:34, Jeffrey W. Frazier wrote:

> If anyone is familiar with Dell’s architecture, can I replace the
> NIC without replacing the entire motherboard?
>
> If not, is it possible to at least temporarily substitute a
> working NIC through some sort of work-around?

  If you have a spare PCI slot, you could install a NIC in it.  If not,
there arr also NICs that connect to a USB port.  Disable the existing
adapter in the network connections configuration.

  However, the fact that the existing interface works with your DSL
connection strongly suggests that there's nothing wrong with it; there may
be some detail of your configuration that is causing the problems you are
encountering.

David Gillett

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads