From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:09:33 -0500
>     Thanks for the advice, I have tried reinstalling the whole
>network setup, including all protocols and adapters, still
didn't work! :) I am at a loss, I have been considering just
reinstalling the whole thing, but I REALLY don't want to do that
for one little problem! :) Thanks anyways, TTYL

When you do the reinstalls, do you "back out" things like
winsock2?
When you reinstall do you "keep" any files that are newer,
or do you overwrite them?  I in THIS type of situation,
I would overwrite.
Sometimes doing stuff like this will go back and remove
some of the original "system" patches you "should" have
installed a long time ago...  Did you check the "update
information tool" lately? (Win95 only).
Do you know some of the earlier patchs would overwrite
things in a "stupid" way, and therefore MUST be installed
in a certain order?
I have never had to format, (knock on wood), but I have
had to "go back" and start patching/reinstalling at a
VERY basic level...
Which Win95 version do you have, and what "basic" level
is it? I am referring to the seven different "flavors"
of the Win95 program in RELEASED version "types" only.
Example: This computer is: Win95B(2.1 less USB)
Do you have a FULL version, or was it an upgrade?
See my question that relates to this.
"Win95 full version, reinstall?"
        Rick Glazier
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html