From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:24:21 -0700
Hi cubbettee,

This is something that has been in Windows 7 since the beginning. It is
probably checking for any disk label that might be on a disk in the drive.

If you never need to use the floppy drive anymore (who needs this?), you
could unplug it. USB thumb drives are the media of choice for
transferring files these days, much greater capacity and more reliable.

If you REALLY still need to be able to use it periodically, you could go
into device manager and disable it, that way when you need to use it
again, simply re-enable it.

Russ Poffenberger
PCBUILD Moderator

On 7/14/2015 7:51 PM, cubbettee cubbettee wrote:
> Good Day Folks,
>
> I have an XP machine that was upgraded to windows 7  using probably an upgrade disk as well as possobly the same image to a few work computers.
> Now every time I click on "windows Explorer"  the floppy drive is accesses.
> Once "windows explorer" is open it does not further access the drive.
>
> How can  I rectigy this- there is no malware or virus on machine, I even closed the virus protection as a check, I looked for indexing things but could not find anything.  I read about Microsoft Indexing  but really could not find anything there.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated
>
> machine: windows 7 63 bit, antec cases, asrock motherboard, 8 gig ram, 1 200gig sdHD, and two 250 gig sata HD,  MS-Office 365 downloaded
>
>                            PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                        Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                          Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>

                          PCSOFT's List Owners: