From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:42:27 -0500
I have the same model scanner and it works just fine on my ME system.
As far as I can remember, I did not have to install any new drivers when
I upgraded from 98 to ME.  It is still working on the original Win9x
drivers.

I suggest that the Colgates use the cable which came with the scanner.

Their comment about not being able to use the cable makes me think
they have something hooked up wrong.

Jim Meagher