From:
Jim Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:51:15 -0500
Before you see the a:\ it will tell you what letter is your cd rom drive
like e:\   so at the a:\ type e:\   it should change to e:\ then i would
type cd win98
so you should see e:\win98 then hit enter.....if everything looks right i
would copy the cab files to my hard drive because once windows is installed
and is looking for drivers sometime at first it wont find the cd rom until
it loads the ide controllers for you mainboard. to do this go to you c:
driver and make a directory called win98 follow these steps and you should
be able to start installing windows when done.

type c: to change to your c drive then type md win98 and hit enter
now change back to your cd rom drive e:\      type e: and hit enter
now type cd win98 and hit enter
now type copy *.* c:\win98 ... this will copy the cab files to your hard
drive once this is done and you see e:\win98
now type setup and windows should start the setup program. I hope this helps
Jim Hodges

At 03:09 PM 5/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have two hard drives in my old computer and both of them have been
>formatted and have nothing on them. How do i go about installing an
>operating system on the primary master drive? I made a start up disk prior
>to reformatting them and now it seems to not be working (or i am
>clueless). I have the Win98 SE cd in the cd-rom and the S/U disk in and it
>says it is preparing to start then stops at a dos prompt that only
>says  A:\>      Now what do i need to do? Thanks!!
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>