From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:03:31 -0400
Bobby,

Each successive version of Windows adds more bloat, more code, more
overhead, and more complexity to an OS that no one reeeally understands
anymore (due to it's complexity).

The answer to your main question is yes, 95 will run faster
than 98.  But on a 200 MMX it probably won't be significantly noticable.

You have more than enough RAM for normal PC uses so don't worry
about memory.  If you want to increase your performance, then I suggest
you get a new hard drive -- read, write, and seek times have improved
dramatically in the last few years.  Also consider dumping your winmodem
and get a true hardware modem.  That will free up A LOT of your processor's
time (= better overall system performance).

Jim Meagher