From:
Alan Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:07:35 -0500
On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 04:09:55 -0400, Kenneth Alan Boyd Ramsay
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>  The person I am tring to help cannot stand that Compaq software and
>> wants to start clean. I have searched despareratly on the Net for
>> drivers for the Sound Card & Modem of this model. If anyone could be of
>> any help, it would be most appreciated.
>
>I hope you didn't FDISK and "blow away" Compaq's Non-DOS system partion,
>where they store the SETUP and configuration information in a "secret"
>partition on the hard drive.  If you really hate it, I suppose you might
>be able to replace it with a generic BIOS chip, but you would have to discuss
>it with Compaq and/or the BIOS makers.  If it is gone, it would be easier to
>download and install the appropriate SETUP and diagnostics software
>(SP_some_number).
>
>To search for it, go to:
>
>  http://www.compaq.com/search.html
>
>and enter "+presario +5070"
>
>(or any other appropriate search string - without the "s) on the search line.

Yeppers we did FDISK it. I just got off the phone with him, and told him
to do the compaq emergency thingy. From what he said on the phone, it
automatically FDISK'd itself back and went to town.

Will there be a problem if he wanted to upgrade to Win98SE? I think that
is his biggest complaint.

>>Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

>Is the keyboard properly plugged in?  Do the LEDs flash just after you switch
>on?  Does substituting a "known good" keyboard help?  Does pressing F1 do
>anything?  You could have a bad keyboard, a loose/bad keyboard controller
>chip, a blown keyboard fuse (on the motherboard, or an open joint/trace, etc.

LOL... I am sorry I guess I need to remove that from my SIG file. <g>

-Alan
Need something here

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html