Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:38:19 -0700
Second time to try.

I am breaking down and I want to "add" Win 95 to my system. Presently:
I have an Intel Pent. 133 running Dos & Win 3.11 with a 4 gig HD and 32
Meg ram.  The 4 Gig is
broken down as:
Drive Ltr    Function     Size
    C:         Dos        511M
    D:       Win 3.11     511M
    E:       Docs         511M
    F:       Database     511M
    G:        CAD         511M
    H:       Office Suite 463M
    I:         Net        463M
    J:       Win Swap     419M  (40 Meg reserved for swap file)

Drives K: thru P: are on a 1.2 Gig that I will be replacing with a 6.4
Gig.  I want the 6.4 gig to be the Hard Drive for the Windows 95 program
and operate as a fat 32 drive.

I have Partition Magic 3.0, but I cannot make sense out of it.  I know
partition magic can make a multiboot section, but it also says that all
boot programs must be within the first 1024 cylinders of the first hard
drive.  What does that mean?

Do I have to make my first four drive sections as follows: Part Magic
Boot, Dos, Win 3.11 and Win 95?

If I decide to add Linux later, will I also have to put another
partition to hold that OS within this 1024 Cyl barrier?  How About OS/2?

If I have Win 95 (OSR2) loaded, can it easily work with two drives, one
with a fat 16 form and the other with a fat 32 form without problems?

And Lastly, even if Win 95 can operate with the two Fat systems, would
it be able to see all of the drives on the 4 gig HD, even though the 6.4
would primarily have all of the Win 95 files?

Appreciate any info (call that education) you can pass on to me.

Thanks in advance.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))
It is always easier to critique than it is to learn!

                                  -----