From:
Heidrun Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:09:33 +0100
Hi there Listers,
got DSL last weekend and can't use it like planned with my LAN of 3 computers through a router. Being directly connected to the DSL modem I can use it with that computer now at least. The router was set up following the instructions but maybe I missed something after all. Does anyone out there have an idea what might be the obvious mistake that "everyone" does!? I mean, I bought the router from the Telekom and was told I could go online through it with up to 32 computers licensed. So it must be possible even though I have been told by a friend of my son, that he knows nobody who managed. I am sure you list gurus manage and know how to do it. I am wondering if maybe the missing flat-rate for unlimited access could cause this problem? I had ordered it altogether but they just forgot it, so I will now have to wait for another month or so until I can get that.
Maybe if the question is too general and you would need a lot of information
about my system and LAN, there is somewhere out there a tutorial about how to do it and you could tell me where to look for it!?
TIA
Heidrun Schroeder

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com