From:
Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:10:06 +1200
Thanks Nicolae and Rick for the tips about ME and XP needing separate
partitions.  I reformatted the drive into 2 partitions, then threw ME on
first.

When that had settled down, I added XP and it went pretty well.  Only glitch
was that I have a new Gigabyte 7VXP mobo, and WinXP didn't like the drive
being connected to one of the RAID\ATA ports (this mobo has, in effect, 4
IDE ports).

In the finish I had to connect the drive ribbon to IDE0 before it would
finish the XP install.  Once XP was installed, however, it was happy enough
to be reconnected back to the RAID\ATA port.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand