From:
Bill & Andrea Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:20:13 -0400
Greetings;

    I just went through the same bother with a very cheap motherboard
and 168 pin 32 meg memory. The friend took it back to the supplier, and
they just shoved it in and said all was well. Not so.
    After a rather lengthy parade of idiocy by this local retailer, and
a refusal to replace the memory, I took the motherboard out, put it on a
flat hard surface, and just shoved the memory in until it snapped hard
and loud. Now, all has been well for several weeks. Not the proudest
moment in my computer career, but my choices were few.
    HTH.

Bill

                                  -----