From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:36:45 -0700
Hi Anne,

The crossover cables will probably not work between the hub and PC. While
some hubs can detect this and auto-crossover the lines, many do not. To do
it properly, you should get all straight through cables. Likewise, the
connection between the modem and the hub would normally use an "uplink" port
on the hub, which is crossed over, so again, you would use a straight
through cable.

Russ Poffenberger