From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:00:31 +0200
I don't understand your questions see bellow.

> Following above, I just see host computer on each network neighborhood.
I guess that host computer means the computer you're currently on

> Using find IP addresses automatically,
Not sure what this means. I guess you mean "Obtain IP address
automatically".

I prefer to specify IP address, but I'm sure it doesn't really matter which
one you use. But being an amateur Networker, I guess others on the list can
confirm this.

> one network shows both computers,
I guess you mean network neighbourhood.
This means that this computer is set up correctly.

> other network doesn't show either computer.
Again I guess you mean network neighbourhood.

Sometimes I also find that the best is to remove all the devices and
services and protocols from the computer that isn't working. Then
Right-click My Computer. Select properties. On device manager, open up
Network adapters and delete your network card. This has now removed
networking from that computer. (You may want to do this from Safe Mode, but
I haven't done that in the past). Reboot and start over.

I know your frustration. I've been there. You will come right. Half the job
is done. Just get the other half sorted out.

> Demetri Kolokotronis

Good luck

Brendon

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: