From:
Larry Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:28:51 -0500
Hugh,

I have been trying to access my home desktop from the road via XP Pro's
Remote Desktop program, but so far have struck out making a "long-distance"
connection. As long as I am here at the house using the same IP connection
(my router), I am able to "see" the desktop from my laptop, but when I am
away from home I've tried everything I can think of, most notably using the
actual IP address rather than router address, and still I get a message that
says the desktop is not configured for the connection or the network is
busy, the latter of which certainly couldn't be the case.

Could there be a setting in the router that I need to make? I would welcome
any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Larry Adler
Weatherford, OK