From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 00:57:33 -0400
It would be either or. DIMMs are either 3.3 v SDRAM or 5 v EDO. I have
heard that some older mobo will not accept the PC100 but I am not sure
since it would not make sense why it would not accept a higher
standard. But then again, puters are like laws, they do not always make
sense or can be explained. <G>. But if it works, I would go with it
just because it is of higher quality and may be able to use later in
another mobo (of course at the rate of technology you might need PC200
by then<G> but for the few dollars more, I would still go with the
higher quality. Less chance of lock ups due to RAM.

If you do not currently have existing 72 pin EDO, I would go with
SDRAM. (Do not mix 72 pin EDO with 168 pin SDRAM since they use
different voltages.) Or you could scrap the EDO if you have it
depending on its size and worth and go with new SDRAM.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast, Reliable, Wallet-Friendly

----------
From:   Edna Sloan[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

I have an LX chip set MB(Soyo 6KL).  For memory it calls for (dimms):"
3.3v
unbuffered EDO/SDRAM."  I am confused about the spec.  Are they asking
for
edo sdram?  Or do they mean one or the other(do dimms come in edo)?  Is
it
possible to use PC100 sdram here?   Thanks much,  Edna Sloan

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com