From:
Jeffrey Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 13:10:40 -0500
Hello A&C Thompson,

I suggest you visit the Microsoft Product Support Services website
Obtaining Windows XP Setup Boot Disks (Q310994) at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fsearch%2fviewDoc.aspx%3fdo
cID%3dKC.Q310994%26dialogID%3d7157480%26iterationID%3d3%26sessionID%3danonym
ous%7c5158677

(Be sure to copy and paste the entire URL into your brower's address window
to access the Micosoft website, as it will likely wrap in your email reader
due to its' lengthy character string.)

The information and downloads available there should help you get a usable
CD-ROM and enable you to use the HP Recovery Disk.

The Windows XP startup disk allows computers without a bootable CD-ROM to
perform a new installation of the operating system. The Windows XP startup
disk will automatically load the correct drivers to gain access to the
CD-ROM drive and start a new installation of Setup.

Windows XP Setup Boot Disk information and downloads are available in
English at several other non-Microsoft sites, but I'd recommend using the
official manufacturer's site to get started.

--
Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie