From:
Earl Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:36:26 +0200
Hi David

I had a similar problem on a similar system a few years ago. I was using a
an HP Deskjet 500 and an Olivetti JP 450. After installing the Olivetti and
its software I had the same problem with the HP as you describe. I
eventually fixed the problem by overwriting the newer version of unidrv.dll
installed with the Olivetti software with the older version provided with
the HP. For some reason, the HP didn't like the newer version of
unidrv.dll.

I don't know if this helps; hope it does.

All the best

Earl

David Coulthart wrote:

> I have an interesting one for you tonite, that I hope isn't as difficult
> as it appears to me.  My neighbor is running Windows 95 on a 486 DX 66.
> She has two printers attached through a manual switch box.  Her main
> printer is an HP DeskJet 600C and the other is a Panasonic laser (don't
> know the specific #).  When she attempts to print to the HP, every other
> line is completely crossed out with a line running through it.  It does
> not matter which application she uses (Word, Internet Explorer, etc.).
> She even attempted to use the testing/alignment software provided by HP,
> which even printed out with the line crossing out every other line.
> However when the same documents are printed using the Panasonic laser
> printer, there is no line.  Does this have something to do with possibly
> having a low ink cartridge (she says that the HP is still printing with
> dark colors)?  Any other ideas?

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>