From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:35:39 -0800
On 12 Oct 98 at 22:55, Dennis Thiel wrote:

> The Win 98 Resource Kit has a utility called Microsoft File
> Information that shows detailed information on system files, and it
> says vnbt.386 is "Microsoft 32-bit Windows 98 virtual TCP/IP on
> NetBIOS (NBT) device driver file."

  Since the commonest situation I encounter is using TCP/IP, with
NetBIOS emulation over top of it (which can be disabled in NT but not
in 9x), I'm really curious as to why this thing exists and how it
comes to be loaded.
  Any theories, those who've seen it?  Could it have to do with
upgrading to 9x on top of a networked WfWG configuration?

David G

                                  -----