From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:02:43 -0500
Hi Rick, sounds like you may have a lemon or a "dropped in the warehouse"
system on your hands. I've reviewed NewEgg's RMA policy. Personally I think
a 10% restocking fee is outrageous, but that's their policy. But do note
that the 10% fee is for refund only. If you were to request a replacement
system you would not have that fee, or at least that's the way I read it. I
looked at the specs and it's not a bad little system, but if you look at the
published specs it states that you have 1 each PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard
ports.

However if you want to, check out Jetway's website for detailed information
http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/index.html, it states you must use an octopus
cable or two PS/2 "Y" cables to connect your two keyboards and two PS/2 mice
(mouses?).
If you plugged the two keyboards into the two available PS/2 slots on this
system then in all probability you either blew an internal fuse or fried the
motherboard. You should look at the motherboard and see if there is a buss
type fuse (little glass thing) on it anywhere.
You may want to drop PC World an E-mail and tell them about your experience,
they have a good track record of getting companies like Jetway to pony up.

Do you have a power supply you could swap into it to see if there is maybe
one side of the output that has blown?
My advice is to try to get a replacement system and throw away the 2-user
software.

William Pike