From:
Dale Mentzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:27:41 -0500
On  8 Feb 01 at 0:37,  John Chin wrote:

>>Everyone needs to develop a backup methodology that is copacetic with their
>>work habits and it must be easy to do. There are network and VPN storage
>>servers and other alternatives if you have the funds and bandwidth.

A couple of years ago I saw a product that would interface your PC
to a regular VCR (maybe via the parallel port) and allow you to
backup to VHS video tape. I saw a similar device many more years ago
for the Amiga platform. Is this product still available (for the
Intel platform) and has anybody on this list had any experience with
this technology? On the surface it seems like a very good idea, but
then so did The New Coke. ;)

Regards,
Dale Mentzer

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

    This mail written by a user of Arachne, the DOS Internet Client
                WWWWW World Wide Web Without Windows
          http://home.arachne.cz Arachne DOS Browser Home Page

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml