From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 22:14:38 -0400
Isaac,

You may be able to discover the problem by doing a little troubleshooting.
Turn on the computer, put your finger on the F8 key and watch the screen AS
SOON AS you see
"starting windows...." press the F8 key.  (You only have about 2 seconds to
do this so be ready)

If you do it in time, then you will see a menu.  Pick the number for STEP BY
STEP start up.
Now your PC will tell you what it is about to do and ask if you want to
complete that one
step.  Say yes to each step and watch for any error messages.

The very last step will be to start windows --- tell it NO.
Now you will be sitting at a DOS prompt.  Type in WIN /B
this will start windows and create a log file of everything that windows is
trying to do.

It won't get windows started but now you have a record of what is wrong.

Okay.

Now reboot the computer and do the F8 thing again, but this time pick the
option to
boot into SAFE MODE.  This should get windows going and you can then use the
windows
explorer to view the log file at C:\WINDOWS\BOOTLOG.TXT.
Hopefully the log file will tell you where the problems are.

Write back to the list after you finish this and we will give you more help.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----