From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:25:59 -0500
Greetings,

Although this is a software subject, it has a direct relativity to
hardware so I've posted it where I thought more builders would read.

 Have any of you had any experience with RamDisk? I found it through
an old 2004 forum post and found the site is still up.
http://www.superspeed.com/desktop/ramdisk.php

 Apparently it sets up the extra ram not recognized by windows as a
virtual disk that appears to the OS as a hard drive and the user in
the forum claims to have assigned the swap files to ram increasing
performance (if I understood correctly).

A "basic" version is about $60.00 and the more elaborate version is
about $80.00.

Reading about it made me wonder if there is a way in windows itself
just to assign swap files to ram. In particular win xp 32bit.

I'm still trying to find a use for the extra 4 gig of ram I have installed.

Phillip

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml