From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:59:15 -0500
Gary Stratton writes:
>I'm a few days behind on this but it happens that I just finished
>doing exactly this. I strongly recommend you get DriveCopy by
>Powerquest($19.95 at Compusa).
>
>The CD creates a boot up floppy from your old drive, then you
>reboot with the floppy to the Drivecopy wizards interface.
>A couple of mouse clicks and the program automatically creates
>partitions, formats the new drive and copies your entire HD onto the
>new drive. So easy I couldn't believe it. Took about 15 minutes.

This is just like the Everyready Bunny...
It keeps going and going and going... (grin)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the
tool in the advanced options section of
E-Z drive.  I have v 9.06w - EZdrive checks and
knows it does not need to "run" my drive.
I would have to FORCE it to...
It will copy and move around entire PARTITIONS
and re-size them on a percentage basis (like
DriveCopy did last time I looked a couple
years ago), OR resize them user defined, as
long as they are (the same size?) or larger.
I'm not sure if it was buggy a few years ago,
or if it was me... I just moved 7 partitions
recently and everything worked perfect.
It never seemed to matter in the past, but you
might need at least one drive in the system
that matches the "OEM version" of the EZdrive
software you are using. (A hard drive same as
where the software came from.)
Good luck,  Rick
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html