From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:01:54 -0600
Susan Hays wrote:

> In a message dated 2/6/99 4:58:53 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>
> << If I had it to do over again, I would NEVER EVER get a
>  Parallel port scanner again. Too much grief to set them up.       Tom
>  Sandborn >>
>
> Tom:
>
> The information you sent me is exactly what I wanted to know.  I had heard the
> same kinds of stories from other people, but these people were just beginning
> with computers.  So I needed to hear comments from someone in the "know".  Any
> suggestions on a scanner with a USB port?  Any suggestions on one would be
> greatly appreciated.

Please allow me to enter 4 votes for the ease and simplicity of
installing and using the Microtek V310 Parallel Port scanner. Four of us
bought these scanners at the same time, recently, when they were on sale
for $49, and three of us were successfully scanning in under 20 minutes.
The fourth person is extra cautious, and likes to take notes on the
contents of each dialog message she encounters, just in case she runs
into a problem and I have to ask her "What did it say before it quit?"
Her installation went fine too, but took more like 35-40 minutes. No
conflicts or problems for any of us, and we're all happy as clams with
the price, fast and easy installation, and the great results of the
V310.

Three of us four have since installed an additional parallel port so we
wouldn't have to share a port with the scanner, but that was entirely
optional. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Jeff Delzer

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com