From:
"Maurice J. Reid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:54:29 -0700
Joe:

I had the same Lexmark problem as you have. Did all the right things to fix.
Got a lot of "vanilla" (non) help from Lexmark. Printer was just out of
warranty. Decided I could get a new Epson or Canon for literally the same
price as a Lexmark replacement cartridge. My Epson is a multi-cartridge (4)
C82, total cartridge cost less than Lexmark. But I also have an Canon i320,
which is a little workhorse and replacement black is at $7 bucks, and the
color is half the price of Lexmark. In my opinion Lexmark uses the old razor
blade concept, sell an inexpensive razor and make the fortune on expensive
blade replacements. Good luck on your final choice.