Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:45:33 EST
In a message dated 11/27/2004 12:09:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I don't need anything more then two speakers, and a subwoofer, and they
don't have to be state of the art sound quality, or anything even close,
but I would like something good enough to play music on, and they will be
on all the time, because the server functions as a message center. Any
recommendations for very quiet, no hiss, good sounding speakers?

Thanks!

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/
IMHO, Altec Lansing makes a good, affordable speaker set, the AVS300. They're
low powered (17 watts overall; 3.5 per satellite, 10 for the sub) and have a
frequency range of 70Hz to 18kHz. I own a 3-piece setup that I bought from a
large chain retailer for 30.00 (never sent in the 10.00 rebate) that perform
well and the two satellite speakers leave a very small footprint. In fact, the
whole set is not very large in size. Sound quality is very good given the
price, and although its no Klipsch Pro Media set, I use them for music editing with
good results. My hearing is not as good as it once was and I wanted speakers
to be able to listen to background noise without creating any of its own.

Chris Ryan