From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:31:02 -0700
Wendy Brown Wrote:
I am trying to
>load Windows 95 (upgrade) on a small hard drive (too
>small for Windows 98) and my Windows 3.1 >disk #1 is
>not reading.  I know there is a 'dummy'  text file
>that will fool Windows 95   <snip>

You're right. This is yet another way to install Windows 95 Upgrade in a
clean install.

Back in the old days, when Window Magazine was in vogue, I subscribed to
that wonderful publication. (I still have the weather beaten mags.)

Windows Magazine, described creating a file in note pad (love it) with
the following notation win.cn_ For what ever reason, Windows 95 upgrade
saw it, liked it and accepted it. There are times that I have to install
DOS though. These are the systems that require a lot of TLC. You know,
the 33MHG CPU's. You have to coax them to work. Like a Win3x machine?

I have been using this since Windows 95 hit the market but now that
Windows 98 and 98SE are here, I have devised several ways to install
those OS's thanks to the generic CD ROM driver provided by a fellow
PCBUILD person and now in the NOSPIN archives. <smile> It has saved me
several times due to the Legacy syndrome and the older motherboards not
being PNP.

Thank you for giving me another way to go.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at: