From:
Dave Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:34:37 -0600
I have had this before and what I did was boot into Safe Mode, check the
device manager and delete all the devices that had duplicates, even the
original one.  {I've had 4 floppy drives and 6 monitors at once) Then making
sure you have the latest drivers for each device, re-boot and install them
again.

Dave Jones
http://www.vdoguy.com
http://www.airmemories.com