Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:58:02 -0400
Hi Hugh, PHogan, Scott and John,
You guys are great. OK. Let me tell you what I have tried.
1. I checked all the cables and made sure there were good connections
(floppy, cd, and hd).  All seemed ok there.  I went to the BIOS and under
IDE CONFIGURATION:  it said:  IDE Controller-Both,  Hard Disk
Pre-Delay-Disabled, Primary IDE Master:Samsung SV4084H, Primary IDE Slave:
Samsung CD-R/RW Drive, Secondary IDE Master: SS06-Samsung DVD  Under POWER
it said Hard Drive Enabled.  So I am assuming that all this means it is
recognizing the Hard Drive.  I attempted to boot some other disk (a windows
98 boot disk), no go, as well as re-tried the Windows Me Boot disk, no go.

I am going to hate to tell these folks that they have lost everything on the
HD, is that what you think it is?  I have a recovery CD-Rom as well, I just
cant get it to recognize it, I changed the BIOS to read the CD first, but no
go there either.  Yes, I changed them back.
Thanks for all the help, if you can think of anything else I can try, let me
know.
Dianne