From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:12:28 -0500
From: Bob Wright : Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] ASUS MoBo

> At 09:27 AM 10/26/1999 , Tom Landon wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I'm looking at the ASUS P2-B MoBo as a possible upgrade. Does anyone have
> >any comments on this unit, or, general thoughts about ASUS products?
>
> I can tell you that I choose an ASUS P2B motherboard for my personal
> computer when I first upgraded to a Slot1 CPU.   It is an excellent
product..
> though, I had some issues with it that disappeared when I recently
> upgraded to an ABIT BE6 motherboard, which has been completely
> stable since the upgrade...   see my article discussing the upgrade:
>    http://nospin.com/pc/pcb04-21.html
>

>     Bob Wright

I also bought a Asus P2-B for my first slot 1 motherboard.  I had some
issues with an internal  NEC atapi zip drive not being recognized all of the
time.  I switched it with a Iomega zip drive as a bios upgrade hadn't helped
at the time.
I also have switched to the Abit boards, the BH6, BX6 rev2 and my newsest
board the BE6.  As people on the list informed me the board treats the
UDMA66 controller as a SCSI drive and 2 drives only use 1 IRQ.  I have one
UDMA 66 drive and an UDMA 33 drive in the computer.  I also just migrated
everything from another computer, but I had to take out my network card, set
everything up and then reinstall the network card to get things working
again.  there were no problems setting up the UDMA66 controller.  I also
would highly recommend this board.

Mary Wolden

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html