From:
Jeff Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:45:20 -0700
Steve,

To keep this simple I recommend you run fdisk from the DOS disk that you
originally set your partition with and remove the primary and any extended
partitions, setting the drive to a *clean* state. Then run your XP CD using
a CDROM boot. The only option you will have, as there is no DOS partition
existing, is NTFS, which is your best bet for security and cluster
sizes(space conservation). Then set whatever size partitions you wish with
the presented options. Follow the setup instructions from that point and you
should have no problem from that point. XP has a very good installation
program and I suspect you have a pre-formatted FAT, corrupted or non-active,
partition you are fighting that the install program does not like.

Jeff

> OK, here's my problem.  I'm putting together a new system and I've gotten
> the stage of installing Win XP.  All the hardware seems to test out fine.
> go through the process of installation and afterwards it goes right back
and
> starts the installation system again.  It looks like it's not going to the
> HD to boot or the HD is not set up to boot properly.  I've tried setting
up
> the BIOS in all kinds of configurations, from standard floppy, HDD-0,
CDROM