From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:37:35 -0600
Once again I needs your invaluable assistance. Something has changed in
my computer and now I cannot add programs to the "Open With" right-click
menu in WinXP Pro. It was fine up until a couple of weeks or so ago.
Now, I cannot select a program that is not in the right-click "Open
With" menu to open a file where it previously would do so.

It seems that now no program that is not in the "C:\program files"
folder can be selected using the  "Open With" dialog in the right-click
menu. It seems to be true for all programs, but specifically, for
example. I want to open and HTML file with Arachnopholia 4.0.
Arachnopholia is in a folder on by D: drive called
D:\Appl\Arachnopholia. When I select an HTML file and right-click to get
the "Open With" dialog, Arachnopholia does not appear in the selections
so I select "browse" and go the Arachnopholia folder and select
arach.exe. The program asks me if I want to always use this program to
open these kinds of files. I select "yes" and hit "enter." The file DOES
NOT open and neither does Arachnopholia. Instead, the HTML file opens in
Firefox; the default program,  This happens with all files that are not
in the  "C:\program files" folder.

My system  runs at about 3 GHZ, I  have 1 GHZ of RAM, and about a 100
gigs of free disc space. I am running  WinXP Pro XP3.  All was fine
until a couple of weeks ago. Makes me think one of Mr. Gates updates
that he so often does without my permission, has messed up my system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Loy

--

On Judgement Day how are you going to tell God that you haven't read His Book????

God's first name is NOT "Oh-my"!

http://www.missionprinting.us/
http://www.emorychristians.org/

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,