Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:59:29 EDT

Anne,
 Different memory sites vary between PC2100 and PC2700 for this  notebook so
apparently both are acceptable. However, since your intention is to  upgrade,
I would lean towards the PC2700 since it runs at 333MHz as opposed to  the
2100's 266MHz. I can't testify to how big an actual difference this would  make
in performance but, to my way of thinking, faster is better. (I happily  invite
corrections!)

 I understand the enjoyment of finding a "deal" on ebay, but keep in  mind
even buying it new, a 512mb PC2700 SODIMM only cost around $30-$35.00  at sites
such as Tigerdirect, Newegg etc.

 -Phil Williams-

In a message dated 7/29/2008 10:01:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,