From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:52:06 -0500
Microsoft never intended to support Win Me, which iw why software developers merely did patchesfor their stuff to run on Win Me. It was just another grab for money until they finished the real project, Win XP. As I did with Win 98, I'll be spending a lot of time tweaking Win Me, and finding workarounds if and until I decide I want to indenture myself to Bill Gates by buying Win XP.  Hopefully someone will come out with an OS that runs out of the box, is stable, and which will motivate programmers to write apps for it.  I have a lot of good stuff that works on Win 98, and am not prepared to take a big financial hit by throwing it away at this point for an OS that none of it will run on.  I am going to stop buying apps for a while to see what comes down the pike.