From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:42:10 -0400
When I tried to install NT4 on my Celeron 450mhz system, it kept saying
that my C:\ was not formatted or corrupt. I couldn't continue at that
point. Did a  disk check, and no problems were found. C:\ is my primary
partition (2GB, FAT16) with Win98SE on it. I suspect that the partition was
created with PartitionMagic 4 (it's been a while) and somehow the FAT16
created was different from regular FAT16 since it showed up as FAT16B in
PartitionMagic. After searching the dejanews, I think I need to create a
partition that does not support large drive. The drive is a 14GB IBM drive,
how do I format it so it will just have the first partition as 2GB FAT16
and the rest in 3 partitions that are FAT32 (each will be larger than 2GB).
I kind of remember that I chose support for larger disk when I formatted
it, and I suspect that caused the problem C:\ being not recognized by NT4...

Any suggestions to make it work with NT4 with minimum effort (hopefully no
reformat of the whole drive is needed)?

Thanks,

Changhsu Liu

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: