From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:00:44 -0500
Hi,

Yes sounds like you should wipe and reload.  You did not specify which OS
you have.
Maybe you can go into msconfig and disable some items that are giving you
problems, thru the safe mode.

a copy of Knoppix on CD-rom might be a solution.

It is bootable, completely functional, includes office compatible programs.
Very easy to get the hang of.

It can be purchased on the web (CD) or downloaded (free) to make a bootable
CD, or maybe you can find it in a store or fleamaket.  I found one for $5.00
at a local market.  Works great - ver 3.3

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

 I've been having this problem for some time now, and even though i've =
been given the ' it's time for a format' line i really can't do that =
because no documentation was given either time for any computer my = father
bought.

One: My masterboot record was modified from a virus
Two: My CD WRITER will NOT show up in anywhere but the device manager = ONLY
in safe mode .
Three: I can't start up in normal mode, only safe mode and step by step =
without booting my CD WRITER drivers.
Four: Compatiblity mode, how the hell to i bypass it? It won't let me do =
virtual memory anywhere BUT my external drive , anmd then it's only my =
external that's maxtor.
Five: Anyone recomend a decent kernel of linux? XD

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>