From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:08:17 -0700
On 14 Mar 2008 at 16:24, rahul ghosh wrote:

> I wanted to know If there is any way to bypass for office Mcafee
> firewall for internet. In our office the internet is thru a gateway
> installed with Mcafee firewall which is very annoying, it blocks
> everything almost. I have tried proxy servers but it is difficult
> since proxy servers can not open the sites within and also login etc
> is not possible. I have tried off surf, HTTP Tunnel free version.
> Socks setting is not possible in the office.
>
> Please suggest something appropriate

  Apparently, someone in your office -- perhaps your boss? -- has decided
that emplyees using the company computers and Internet connection to
randomly surf the Internet is NOT an appropriate use of those resources.
You're asking us to help you violate that policy; *we* won't be fired if
you're caught.

  If you can make a case that there are sites you need access to in order to
be a more effective employee, you might be able to get the policy changed.
In the long run that's a much safer approach than trying to cheat your way
around it.

  Failing that, your next best option is to get a good home connection
(cable, DSL, satellite) and do your browsing outside work hours.

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com