From:
Daniel Leung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:10:32 -0500
From:    Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>

>Your e-mail caught my eye because I'm planning to do exactly the same
>thing in 2 or 3 weeks (The second computer isn't ready yet.)  I haven't
>yet thoroughly done my homework, but I was under the impression that
>a program like Wingate or a Proxy Server wasn't necessary because
>@Home allows you to sign up for a second network address for $6.95
>per month.  Am I off base here?

I already talk to my local @home provider, the way they do it is to add a
hub and give us an extra IP address for the second computer. We have
to provide the hub. They will connect a cable from the Cable modem to
the hud and each computer is also connect to the hub. I guess If we run
a Proxy Server, IP address is assign internally(incorrect networking
terminology, I'm not a network guy). Another question is whether @home
will get upset if they found out we do it the proxy way.

Dan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html