Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:21:56 -0400
Hi everyone,
I have an Acer Aspire < P133, 64mb ram, 2.4gig hd , ect.. > that I hadn't
used in several months, kept it unplugged and covered. Used it mostly for
data storage.  It's 2.5 years old. I plugged everything in the other day
and when I pushed in the power button a big 'zap' sounded and I then
immediately smelled 'burnt metal' coming from the front of the tower.

Have I blown the power supply or does it sound more like a fuse? Both?  At
any rate, the computer won't even power on now.  The inside was free of
dust, so no gathering of should have taken place. And wasn't that much in
there near the power supply when I opened the case to survey the  'damage'.
But I wonder, was there still enough voltage left in it even though it
hadn't been turned on for several months to cause an overload to the power
supply when I turned it on? What do y'all think is needed now?  A new power
supply, fuses? I'm taking it to the local computer gurus for them to look
at and if it costs more than a couple of hundred to fix, it will make a
pretty paper weight.  < it's the charcoal/forest green colored Aspire >.

Thanks for any suggestions and/or comments.

Patty B.

May today there be peace within you.
May you trust your highest power that you are
exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith.... within yourself.........

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html