From:
Terrence Nolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:40:48 -0400

Hello readers,

            This is my situation.  I've recently "inherited" the
technical support duties at my company and I'm now in the process of
upgrading all workstations to either Windows XP professional or Windows
2000 professional.  The problem, the person before me purchased several
copies of Windows XP Professional without evaluating the hardware first.
Therefore, now I have (8) Windows 98 machines that meet the requirements
(barely) for Windows 2000 but have no licenses to legally upgrade them.
I was told that I could use the surplus of Windows XP professional
licenses in "substitution" to upgrade the remaining Win 98 machines to
Windows 2000 professional.  I went to Microsoft's website and didn't
find any information pertaining to this matter.  Of course, my company
wants to upgrade these machines without spending any additional funds
(If possible).  Does anyone have any knowledge/documentation to support
this proposal?

Thanks in advance.