From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:29:25 -0500
New 5250 cards are available from many retailers.  My search for "5250
emulation" at CDW brought up a dozen 5250 cards... PCI, PCMCIA, PlugnPlay,
Twinax , 10baseT ...far more advanced than the Andrews and I/O Corp
ISA/twinax adapters we once used to connect to a S36.  Chances are there are
boxes of old 5250 cards mouldering at a nearby college, hospital, car
dealer...

> I have a system that uses this router to communicate with an IBM AS/400.
The
> error I am getting is "adapter ram failed memory test" and the adapter
> handler doesn't get insalled. This system is used to transfer sales orders
> and right now we are having to manually input, alot of extra work.
Question
> is is there a work around for this problem? I am unable to locate the card
> locally. Don't really want to spend alot of time and resources whereas by
> the first of Feburary we hope to have the sales force converted over to be
> able to use palm pilots and laptops. The system is operating in a DOS
> enviroment. The card has 8k of memory installed. Is there a way to maybe
> fool the computer/router and remap the memory into the system memory. If
> there is no way to work around this problem, any suggestions as far as a
> replacement. Out of a dozen or so business computer/network shops I
called,
> only tweo guys even knew what I was talking about.
> TIA
> Rob Shane
> Infinty Web Services
> www.infinitydotcom.com