From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:58:36 -0700
What you need is a handy device called a KVM switch. It allows you to
use a single Keyboard, Video device, and Mouse with multiple computers.
The cheap models can do two computers, and I've seen expensive KVM's
that can cope with 8 or 16 consoles. They come in handy for exactly what
you describe: using two computers at one time, switching back and forth.
These switches come in two flavors: USB and PS/2, depending on what the
keyboard and mouse needs are. I have a USB KVM that only set me back
$50, and it has served me well for a few years now. They should be a
snap to find at Fry's Electronics or any other computer shop worth its
salt. Same goes for Newegg and other online shops.