Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:40:24 -0500
Good Morning Robert,

Your Gateway system is likely still under warranty (3 year).  If your mouse
drivers are good and you've tried substituting a known working mouse without
any problems, then ask Gateway for a warranty replacement.  Simply give them
a call, tell them the thing's shot, and they'll send you a new one.  I've
done this several times for clients without the slightest hassle from
Gateway tech support.

If you're warranty has expired (possible if the system delivered with a 1
year parts & labor guarantee), then I'd suggest picking up a Microsoft
Optical IntelliMouse from one of the online vendors (I usually prefer ONVIA)
or at a retail outlet like Staples.  Careful shopping should find you one
for $20 to $25 (and IMO it's worth every penny).

Good clicking!

--
Jeffrey Ottie