From:
Iain Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:07:44 +0000
This problem is a *wee* bit like Robert Thornton's concurrent one, but
different enough all the same.

I cannot get my machine to recognise the LS-120 drive I've inserted as a b:
drive.  In DOS, I can run the install program and all is well, my a: (1.44)
 b: (120Mbyte) c: (HDD)  d: (HDD)  and e: (CD-ROM) are all recognised and
behave themselves.
If I continue the boot into Win95, the e: drive is indicated but it returns
the same results as the b:
If I go   System | Devices | Properties | Remove   the conflicting floppy,
and re-boot, all becomes well with e:, while b: disappears.
On booting, immediately after checking memory, I'm told to WAIT, then
something flashes across the screen far too fast to read - the first of
three(??) lines has something like "Pri Master xxxxx "(??) - and the next
thing I see is a message which says:  device driver not installed.
The BIOS has
Floppy drive b:   not installed
4th Boot Device is disabled
Pri Master Not installed
Pri Slave   CDROM
Sec Master   User
Sec Slave   User
I'm not having much luck trying to install from within Win95 (
Troubleshooting is firing blanks, so to speak ).
Although I *think* I've explored everything in the installation drivers
biznizz, I expect I'm overlooking something simple.  (But then, that's me -
everyone tells me I'm simple.)
If need be, I can re-install Windows95, but I'd rather not be driven to
that extreme.
As I use the LS-120s as back-up discs, I would really like, really-really
like, this drive installed and useable.
I'm as sure as can be that the system is clear of viruses (ever updated
f-prot and PC-illin).
The really INFURIATING thing is that everything worked perfectly until last
week, and then it was a case of.... Oooops, there it is, gone.
Boo-hoo.

Does anyone have any constructive ideas?

Yooors,

Iain.

"Most progress is the result of the actions of unreasonable men"  GB Shaw.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]