From:
Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:34:00 -0400
hi.... the problem i submitted earlier and which i've copied below,has not been solved .... but i decided to submit a follow up as a means of possibly having someone come up with a solution.... after sending the original message i've tried replacing the power supply but this didnt work... now heres the amazing thing.... i placed a small hair dryer on the bottom of the tower and let it run about 4-5 minutes and lo and behold the computer started normally when i turned the power on ...... i'm no expert but that seems to tell me that the problem is "temperature" related .... and i dont mean air temp as my coputer is not in a "cold" or damp area ...... and i'm not sure if the hard drive would be having a problem kicking in when its "cold" since the temp problem could be related to other devices in the tower.... thanks to those who replied earlier..... and i'll certainly let all of you know the solution if i can ever find one ...... thanks.... Gary Burke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi .... I'm having a very strange problem with my computer and i was wondering if anybody else ever had the same problem.... i'm using win xp home edition and my computer (which is six mths old) has the usual bells and whistles .... now for the problem... when i start the computer from a "cold" boot,like the puter hasn't been on for a few hours,it just will not start .... the cpu is on but nothing happens and the monitor is blank .... if i hit the reset button or simply pull the power plug, i get a screen which says that "windows did not shut down properly etc,etc " and i have a few choices which i can select ... one of the choices is "start windows normally" but when i select that the same problem occurs all over again ..... now what is amazing is that i can select "safe mode" as another choice and the puter will boot into safe mode and then i can hit the start button\turn off the computer\restart and it restarts without a problem !!!! .... and it seems that once the puter !
is warmed up i can "restart" or shut it down completely and it'll restart normally as long as i dont wait too long .... in other words it doesnt want to start when it's "cold" .... a vir*s check proved negative and a restore to a previous date didnt correct the problem...i even tried running the XP home CD using the repair feature but the problem wasn't solved....so now i've exhausted all that i know might be a solution and would very much appreciate some help .... thanks .... Gary Burke.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com