Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:58:09 EST
<<<< My Windows Vista "Fonts" folder contains 417 files and 292  megabytes. I
would like to reduce the number of fonts so Windows runs or starts  faster.
This was a recommended technique for Win XP and I'm assuming it will  still
work in Vista. I'm using Windows Explorer trying to move selected font  files to
a folder called "MyDeletedFontFiles". Explorer does not seem to give me  the
option of moving those files, but would allow me to copy or delete them. Is
Windows somehow protecting those font files? Any comments on how to do this or
the advisability of doing it would be appreciated.  >>>>>
Thanks very much, Bob Lendrim

Hi There Bob....

I don't know if Vista is  the same on this as XP but it probably is..  I have
done this over the  years with my Win 98... so I'm sure it will work..   You
might try one  of the fonts first to see if it will..

Do  this....

Open My  Computer
Right Click on C  drive
Right Click on  the  Windows folder
Find the Fonts folder....  then double click on it to open it up...

Now.. on your desk top... have a folder opened there, labeled Discarded
Fonts or what ever you want to label it.

Hold your Left mouse Button down and drag one of the fonts you do  not want
into that folder.  Now. if you want to see what it looks  like .... just double
click on one of them  and it will show you  what it looks like.. or if you
know the name of them... then select those  that way.

I have some fonts I still use from my Win 98 cause XP didn't have as many
fonts as Win 98 when I got it.. so all I did was just copy them from my Win 98
fonts folder then pasted them in my XP Fonts folder.  Then save it on  a zip
or CD or some place so that you will always have that Fonts folder.

But try one first and see if that works for you.. Hope this  helps...
Harriet

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml