From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:17:50 -0400
Hi,

As said, everyone has different reasons for purchasing.

ATI and nVidea are the two leading chipset manufacturors in the market
today.  I think that
statement would be agreed upon by 95% of the list.

One of the key features I like about the nVidea chipset is the way they
do their drivers.
They have a UNIFIED Driver Architecture (UDA).  One Driver, for all
their GeForce chipset cards, for any Version of windows, simplifing
furture upfrades.

So if you have the latest driver disk, it will support any of their
previous Geforce chipsets, on any MS version OS. That cuts down serious
hunting and searching times for upgrades, repairs, and reinstalls.

That could save an IT department manager days of work in a large
corportation.

They also are the chipset that Xbox (Ms) uses.  They are in development
programs with game manufacturors and you will de seeing logos called
"The way it's Meant to be played"  on games
developed on Nvidva based systems.

Thanks,

Joe Lore

------------------------

Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Video cards

> Make your own mind, mate.
> Yes, It is still one of the best value card.  But there is a new
> issue.
The
> hopefully to be soon released Doom3 is going to be the best game made
> to date (at least on graphics) and many more games will use its engine

> (the
key
> issue).  ATi is still way lack behind nVidia on OpenGL support, and
> the

Jun,

I am not at all interested in high level games, so does that mean the
Radeon 9500 Pro presents no compromise to me?

My principal uses will Office applications, Internet research, and
family photographs; my graphics needs are well defined (I think).

Bob Warasila

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>